Effective Communication For Leaders - 1 Day Course
About The Course
Communication is a vital skill of an effective leader. You will learn how to communicate your vision, articulate a successful strategy and build a dialogue that stimulates employee engagement. Effective verbal and non-verbal communication techniques will be taught, enabling you to adapt to various personalities and create a supportive team environment.
- Identify the effectiveness of your communication style
- Enhanced leadership by using positive communication strategies
- Structured support to handle current leadership issues
- Enhanced relationships through effective communication
- Learn how to handle a variety of personalities with confidence
- Explore leadership styles and their impact on communication
- Identify delegate’s existing communication style
- Approaches, frameworks, and models for communicating effectively
- Common communications barriers and how to overcome them
- Communication triangle and how to use it effectively
- Confident and inspiring communication: 92% rule: body language/voice control/non-verbal communication
- Emotional intelligence: reduce conflict and improve behaviours
- Communication strategies to create psychological safety within the team
- Applying what has been learnt. Organisation/business specific scenarios. How effective leadership can directly help your business/organisation
''Practical and really stimulating course. The communication triangle was really useful and the feedback to help me with my own leadership style was helpful. Glad I did the course''
John. Director-POD London
Coaching And Mentoring Training - 1 or 2 Day Course*
About the course
This course will teach you the skills and knowledge to motivate and develop your team. Mentoring will help you advance your employee’s learning, ensuring valuable expertise and knowledge is shared. You will learn how to develop your listening and facilitation skills leading to improved levels of staff engagement and retention. Using effective coaching techniques will help you increase individual, team, and organisational performance.
- Learn the difference between mentoring and coaching
- Explore how to adapt your coaching/mentoring style to suit individuals and their developmental needs
- Learn how to use emotional intelligence skills when coaching/mentoring
- Understand the GROW model to effectively shape and guide your coaching
- Increase your understanding of the ethical conditions of coaching/mentoring
∗ Follow up coaching and mentoring supervision is highly recommended.
- Understand and analyse different coaching and mentoring models and their impact.
- Identify existing informal/formal coaching and mentoring practices
- Methods and techniques to develop trust and encourage both parties to feel safe and comfortable
- How can coaching and mentoring conversations be integrated into everyday conversations
- Develop communication skills, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills to improve coaching and mentoring skills
- Praise: various ways to acknowledge improvement
- Explore various coaching models including GROW and FUEL
- How to review coaching and mentoring programs
- The importance of building trust using ethical processes
- Applying what has been learnt. Organisation/business specific scenarios. How coaching and mentoring can directly help you and your business/organisation
''The training experience was excellent. It was informative and interactive which helped me apply some of the ideas we were taught. The trainer's experience and gentle but effective coaching manner helped to demonstrate good examples and guided me in my own coaching role.''
Train The Trainer - 1 Day Course
About The Course
This course will teach you how to prepare and deliver engaging training sessions. You will learn strategies and techniques ensuring your training is meaningful and useful to participants. You will explore learning styles, motivational tips and how to create an engaging and insightful training program. Finally, you will learn how to recognise if your training has been successful.
- How to prepare and structure your material to ensure the training is engaging
- The importance of learning objectives so that learners understand the purpose and significance of the training
- How to use verbal, non-verbal and body language techniques to build a connection
- Techniques to encourage and manage discussions
- How to make it memorable: ice-breakers, story telling, interactive, fun exercises
- Fundamentals of training
- Identify existing informal/formal training practice
- How to structure content and build an incremental learning plan
- How to check learning: formal and informal assessments models.
- Effective Communication: 92% rule: body language/voice control/non-verbal communication
- Open questions vs closed questions. How to engage learners
- How to make it engaging: Pace, variety of tasks, groupings, games, humour
- Presentation skills for effective and memorable training
- Controlling the room : dealing with difficult situations and participants
- Capturing your trainee’s attention using authentic and engaging stories
- Applying what has been learnt. Organisation/business specific scenarios. How trainer the trainer can directly help you and your business/organisation
''Excellent session-very well pitched, inclusive and supportive. Empathy for the group. Excellent sequential planning with clear demonstrations.''
K Taylor. Associate Professor- Middlesex University
01234 312 425